Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Comeback Kid

The feeling you get when your kid goes to train without you.  You are under the weather and can't train. She packs up, gets ready and drives herself to class without you bugging or begging.  I can't tell you how good that makes me feel.  She's transitioning to a new phase in her life.  She's in college and in charge of her own time.  I'm starting to see that spark again.  As much as we want them to love jiu jitsu as much as we do, it has to be their own journey.  For a while now she has supported me and encouraged me and pushed when needed.  I'm glad for that.  I will be content to fan the embers of her tiny little spark.  Help that flame grow.  I hope one day she sees what I see when I look at her.  She's a fighter.  A survivor.  Beautiful.  Strong.  She's my Tasmanian Devil Girl.  And for you guys at Combat Nation who haven't been introduced to her, you will soon know why I call her that.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am mainly surprised by the way you unique out almost every single little detail. http://awriter.org/ It can be genuinely heading to aid me a great offer. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete