Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BJJ Baby Steps and a New Gi

I had one of those nights last week during training were everything fell into place.  I felt progress.  I felt the right balance of push and pull.  I felt myself moving forward one little tiny step.  It was an awesome feeling.  I'm looking forward to many more moments like that in my BJJ journey.

Great news...on Saturday I received my Tatami Zero G Midas from BJJHQ.com to review.  Right out of the package it is pretty stunning.  I haven't washed it yet, but I will this week.  I'm not the typical height or weight, so I'm not going to get into measuring and sizing too much.  I usually order what will fit my weight and then have it altered as needed (this gi is an A2 - the pants I can usually shrink to fit, but the jacket sleeves will most likely need to be shortened).  I will focus more on how comfortable it is and how it holds up during training and rolling.  It feels really lightweight and I'm anxious to see what this "hybrid weave" is all about.  I don't think this gi is going to disappoint.  Stay tuned for my in-depth review. 

Sneak peek right out of the package...it's sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment