Thursday, July 19, 2012

Old School Moves and Keeping it Clean

Being short sort of lends itself to making half guard one of my favored positions (side control is my all-time favorite, but that’s for another day).  Wednesday night we learned a couple of different ways to sweep from half guard (Old School half guard sweeps) that I don’t recall ever training before, and a way to get to the back from half guard.  Needless to say, this old girl wasn't catching on to the Old School sweeps very quickly, but I kept trying to make it work.  Stayed after class with Emily and we drilled it some more and then it finally started to click.  Had me a really sweet ‘AHA’ moment.  Love it when that happens.  Going to keep drilling it some more.  I want to have a good solid working knowledge of the “Old School” half guard sweeps in my bag of tricks.  Thursday I get to unleash the beast with Muay Thai kickboxing.  Friday I have my first official Crossfit training session.  I am very, very excited.  On the nutrition front, for the first time in a year and a half, my diet is clean, clean, clean.  I’ve been making progress, taking baby steps, and they are adding up.  Grains are gone, white potatoes are gone, and pasta is gone from my diet.  I’ve even managed to go almost two weeks without my beloved Dr. Peppers.  Every week I’m challenging myself to eat more fruits and vegetables and to try something new.  It’s working.  I’m feeling physically better than I have in a long time.   Now if I could just work on getting more sleep...baby steps.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment