Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jiu Jitsu bliss and new gis

I had a great night on the mats.  We were working "De La Riva" sweeps.  Not the easiest thing for short legs, but with encouragement from coach and a good training partner we figured out how to make it work.  It's exciting when things just come together.  Then during rolling I had some moments of pure bliss.  Not that I was a beast on the mats or anything, just an old lady holding her own with a blue belt teenager...pretty sweet feeling.  I am blessed with some pretty awesome training partners and one heck of a coach. 

On another note, a few more pounds and I will most likely be able to order me a new Fenom gi.  If the family needs any ideas for a Christmas present for dear old Mom, this is it!  Size A2 please.  If you're curious, there's a link to Fenom Kimonos below.  Bar none, the best fitting gi for this girl's body type and they are beautiful, exceptional quality and they can take a beating on the mats. 

p.s. Julia, your gis have served me well and I am going to keep wearing them until they are completely worn out!!  It just feels good to see the pants getting looser and looser.  Jiu-Jiu is a fellow blogger who bequeathed me her many gis after they became too big for her.  Way to go Julia!  Check out her blog here.   :)

7 comments:

  1. I love this gi an absurd amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep working on the De La Riva. How cool would it be if you made it work for you, and you ran around throwing that thing around like cookies at Xmas time? Based on your size no one would expect it.

    Dag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dag! I'm just gonna keep on working it. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the love Mrs. Ibarra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Triin. I hope you know what terrific products you have. I love all my Fenom gear!!

      Delete
  4. Fortunately, for travelers there is one such travel guide that was designed specifically for Americans traveling to foreign countries like Brazil to study Martial Arts forms like Jiujitsu.
    buy bjj gi

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for opening martial arts to the world!

    You could also checkout our collection at XMARTIAL Rash Guards

    ReplyDelete