Monday, November 26, 2012

The path not taken?

Do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you’d taken a different path?  What if you hadn’t accepted that first date from your husband/wife?  What if you had gotten your degree or not gotten your degree?  What if you had never tried jiu jitsu?  I think about those things sometimes.  Sometimes I wish I could go talk to my younger self.  Mostly I’d tell her to finish school, don’t become a slave to money, and do what your heart loves and the money will follow.  One day, I think I shall make a big change, a change that will shock most people.  There are things that my heart longs to be doing and they do not involve sitting in a windowless box all day working for “the man”.  I also think about what it would be like if I had never stepped on the mats.  What if I hadn’t taken that giant leap of faith?  What if I hadn’t fallen utterly and completely in love?  That’s one thing in my life that I never, ever, ever will regret.  This journey that I’m on, whether I chose it or it chose me, or we were just meant to be, regardless, I am glad that this is the path that I am on, I truly feel like I’m living the dream.  Plus, I’ve got to brag, I’ve got a husband who supports the dream.  He doesn’t want to train, but he doesn’t discourage me or hinder me or stop me from doing what I love.  I come home battered and bruised and sore and stiff and he doesn’t complain.  If I want to go to a seminar, he says “how much?” and “when is it?”  Not so he can be nosey, but mostly so he can pay for it if he’s got some extra dinero lying around!  That, my friends, is a true-blue jiu jitsu husband.  That’s another path I would not change for anything.  Plus, that path gave birth to the Tasmanian Devil Girl…and I wouldn’t change that for anything in the whole wide world! ;)

There’s nothing better than a weekend filled with jiu jitsu.  Here’s what I’ve got planned for Saturday and Sunday!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment