Thursday, November 15, 2012

Paleo Thanksgiving and Jiu Jitsu Ramblings

The Turkey Fit Challenge that I have been doing at my gym will end on Sunday.  Honestly, I think I’ve done pretty well.  I got over my fears and let myself be weighed, body fat percentages were calculated and yes, even photos were taken.  These last two weeks I’ve been really pushing myself, on the mats and trying to stay true to the Paleo diet.  It’s been hard at times, but I’m pleased with my progress.  It’s not going to end with the challenge though.  I’m committed to the Paleo lifestyle and slowly I am bringing my family around to the benefits of eating this way.  Most of you know that I had a major addiction to Dr. Pepper.  Well, I am proud to report that I have not had a Dr. Pepper since July 8th.  That’s four months and 7 days people.  And sometime in the last couple of weeks I realized…I am not craving them anymore…don’t even want one…WOW…I didn’t think that would ever happen for me.  Thanksgiving is next week and my Mom started a tradition where all the granddaughters come over and help her cook the meal.  I had decided I wanted to make a couple of Paleo friendly dishes so I sent her a message and to my surprise, she had already thought of that…I’ve got the best Mom ever!  I am going to try my hand at a Paleo pumpkin pie since I have a hankering for a sweet treat. 
Jiu Jitsu Ramblings: Since I’ve discovered that my Jiu jitsu brain has been unlocked and opened…my mind is blown!  I am starting to see things in a different way.  Movements are making sense.  Technique that I thought was out of my reach, well, it’s definitely within the realm of possibilities now.  Armbars and triangles, looking for them now, seeing them sometimes when before I didn’t know they were right there in front of me…now that makes me smile.    So, to everyone out there training, to all the newbies and late bloomers, don’t give up, it gets better, it gets a lot better.  Put in your time on the mats.  Work hard.  Let go of your fear.  It will all come in its proper time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment