Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm Living the Dream

It's been two years since I first stepped on the mats at Elite MMA.  I started in November of 2009 with the cardio kickboxing class.  In June of 2010 I started the Women's BJJ class and then in September of 2010 I started the Adult BJJ class.  I could not have imagined two years later that I would be sitting here blogging about my BJJ experiences.  Sometimes I can't even put into words how I feel about it.  It leaves me breathless and my heart starts beating faster and I might even shed a few tears.  When we are little girls, we dream about things like getting married and having babies and some of us even dream about having some kind of cool career.  My dreams didn't include anything athletic or physically challenging.  I always thought those things were out of my reach.  So if I could put into words what jiu jitsu did for me, it would have to be that it gave me a new dream.  A dream that I didn't even know existed.  It started out small and keeps changing and transforming as I walk this journey.  So this is my shout out to my Elite MMA family.  You guys gave me something that I can never thank you enough for, something I can never repay you for, something that is priceless.  You gave me a life I couldn't have ever imagined.  You gave me a dream, something that I hold close to my heart and treasure.  I go to bed thinking about jiu jitsu, I dream about jiu jitsu and it's usually on my mind when I wake up in the morning.  I could not imagine my life without jiu jitsu.  Even when the journey gets rough, because at times it does get rough, I still love the journey.  Thank you Elite family for being a part of my beautiful journey. 

1 comment: